Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to use the feature of Opening or Closing the Windows with the Key FOB?

It states in the Manual, see page 42.

OPEN OR CLOSE THE WINDOWS WITH KEY FOB
and give directions on how to do it.

I Havent !!
Love to know if anyone has this capability.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone been able to use the feature of Opening or Closing the Windows with the Key FOB?

I Havent !!
I see quite a few folks have seen this post, yet. NO replies. Is it because you don't yet have your Rivian? or ?
I'm interested to know if anyone has been able to use the FOB for these functions described in the manual.
I have tried and before I pull a service ticket on it I would like to know from any who OWN a R1T or S if you have can do this feat.
At least reply and say something.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don't have my truck yet. But others have posted in other threads and other sites that this feature works for them. So it's either a fault with your vehicle or a fault with how you're interpreting the directions. If there's a problem with your vehicle, the first thing to try would be to ensure you have the latest software, then do a software reset, then contact Rivian. If you post a short video of how you're trying to use this feature, then perhaps we can give an opinion of whether you're interpreting the directions properly.

·
Registered
533 Posts
OK can't speak from Rivian experience, but I used to own a Saturn Astra which was a rebadged Opel Astra. The fob (although not stated) had the ability to express window down. Manual be damned it said nothing. We discovered that if you hold the "Unlock" button down while in range of the fob, the car would express windows down for as long as you held the unlock button. The second you released the button, the windows stopped.

I say this all because it might be worth a try to do. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine works but you need to get the double press timing just right.
Yup got it to work. A little more searching on another forum and found someone who had spoken to a service rep.
The reset procedure was to:
Roll down each window one at a time and when at the bottom hold the Open button on the FOB for 5 Secs, then repeat the hold for 5 secs when your window is all the way up. Do it for all windows. Worked for me.
And yes the double tap timing on the FOB is a little tricky once it reset..
Works for both Open and Close.

·
Registered
85 Posts

I Havent !!
Just tried it. Nope didn't work. It did activate the harzard flasher and folded the mirror when I press and release, then press and jold rhe lock button

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just tried it. Nope didn't work. It did activate the harzard flasher and folded the mirror when I press and release, then press and jold rhe lock button
OK so I just went and tried mine again and had trouble getting it to work… SPF… but figured it out.
you have to click the button fairly quickly in succession. Like click and clickhold and it should work.If still no joy I’ll post a vid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to get it to work on the second try. You do need to press quickly.
I'm scared to press and hold to close the windows because I'm afraid I might accidentally turn on panic mode🚨

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Same as opening, press lock, release, press and hold. P36 owners guide. Panic alarm is one 2 second press of the lock button. P126 For some reason this is the only place I can find reference to the panic alarm.
It's not ideal for such similar sequences to do those functions, imo; especially with how unreliable the FOB is at recognizing key presses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts