Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Has anyone noticed where are the windshield wiper fluid dispenser's? I don't see them on hood ?‍♂?‍♂.

Also, has anyone noticed that there is no place from where we can pour the windshield fluid when the frunk is opened?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello Everyone!

Has anyone noticed where are the windshield wiper fluid dispenser's? I don't see them on hood ?‍♂?‍♂.

Also, has anyone noticed that there is no place from where we can pour the windshield fluid when the frunk is opened?
I asked a Rivian rep at the Normal event last October this very question. He said and pointed to a compartment within the frunk on the driver side that there is a removable panel where you get access to fill the windshield fluid.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Would that panel be this one @EyeOnRivian?

View attachment 285
I suspect so. Again, he just pointed at the side panel. He didn't remove it or linger in that position - it was just a quick finger point. Plus, I/we did not have the visual angle as in your picture to see inside the frunk as we were behind the set-back viewing rope. That's a good pic of the frunk though. Still wish they would alter it some so a full size spare tire would fit securely in there as an alternative storage location. Scenario: Long road trip and you have the rear cargo area or bed filled with supplies and/or equipment that you would have to unload to gain access to the spare tire and jack. Not a show stopper - just a nice feature that gives consumer an option.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Odd to have it that low down. Access to reservoirs like this should be in the top most area...like on every other vehicle.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Odd to have it that low down. Access to reservoirs like this should be in the top most area...like on every other vehicle.
Agree, but it might not be that low. Remember, he never opened the panel (so we really don't know its exact location) and plus the EVs are a prototype. It's exact location, where ever it is, may end up some where else in the production version. Rivian is not like "every other vehicle" so I've come to expect things to be a little different ... as long as it works and makes logical sense, e.g., pouring a liquid, say, windshield solvent, is easier and less likely to spill when the port is higher/easier access.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I suspect so. Again, he just pointed at the side panel. He didn't remove it or linger in that position - it was just a quick finger point. Plus, I/we did not have the visual angle as in your picture to see inside the frunk as we were behind the set-back viewing rope. That's a good pic of the frunk though. Still wish they would alter it some so a full size spare tire would fit securely in there as an alternative storage location. Scenario: Long road trip and you have the rear cargo area or bed filled with supplies and/or equipment that you would have to unload to gain access to the spare tire and jack. Not a show stopper - just a nice feature that gives consumer an option.
That's a very reasonable critique about the spare wheel. I could easily see that happening to myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts