Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the page, can these batteries stand up to -20 + temps?
Can the heater keep it warm ?
How many miles can it go with the heater on full, I live in a northern area so heat it my friend most months

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rivian has not released any official numbers yet. Any replies at this point would be pure speculation. Since Rivian has recently stated pre-order holders would be able to start configuring their vehicles later this year, the expectation is that Rivian will release additional information about each vehicle before then. Whether or not that that will include performance data is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Rivian has not released any official numbers yet. Any replies at this point would be pure speculation. Since Rivian has recently stated pre-order holders would be able to start configuring their vehicles later this year, the expectation is that Rivian will release additional information about each vehicle before then. Whether or not that that will include performance data is anyone's guess.
What @EyeOnRivian said, no numbers like that have been released. Rivian has been really tight lipped with all that stuff. But I'm really curious as well to see how the range will be affected in various conditions.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also, I would think any official numbers/stats (including safety results from crash, rollover, etc testing) would have to come from the production vehicles and not the prototypes. Meaning, until the manufacturing plant in Normal is up and running to roll off a few dozen or more vehicles for the engineers along with third party safety organizations to test with, I'd suggest making another pot of coffee and get comfortable because IMO it will be a while before we see any performance or safety related stats. ... The last I had read (about a month or so ago) the plant manager said they were still on schedule to be ready in September (this year).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts