Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,116 Posts
With SW, I'm betting Rivian could easily implement a one-touch, "set it and forget it" drive mode setting to enable "Winter HWY Driving". This would alter traction characteristics, reduce throttle sensitivity, alter or disable cruise / driver + and force low regen (among other settings). Sure, drifting around a snow covered lake or test track is awesome for marketing, but winter driving for most people involves variable road conditions on a narrow strip that goes from ice, to snow to pavement (at speed, in traffic) requiring much more caution - at least here in the Northeast.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
There are no issues traveling from North To South (from BOS to DC or beyond for example). There are numerous gas stations with DCFC and plenty of Walmarts along that route with EA stations. The Rivian SW for Nav and battery prep combine well along the entire corridor to provide plenty of options, and help with efficient travel stops. The issues are all traveling anywhere NORTH of the Chelsea Service Center in BOS. There is hyper-limited DCFC along I-95, I-90, and I-89 to the North.

That means that you may not be able to accomplish an activity AND charge AND return in any reasonable time-frame. If you are going to be parking somewhere at your destination with a L2, you will be fine. You just won't find a ton of those options. Lots of planning is required for "adventure travel" in Maine, NH and VT. The Northeast is a big vacuous hole on the Rivian RAN map. Rivian has no network in New England, and the map does not indicate plans for anything coming soon. It's surprising given the sheer number of Rivians delivered in the Northeast.

Map World Font Rectangle Design

1 - 2 of 2 Posts