Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I was driving home from a long road trip and hit winter conditions for the first time: blowing snow, icy roads, and freezing temperatures. Here are my observations.

1) the truck reported the front radar was obscured (covered in ice)

2) when the front camera iced over I could no longer use cruise control (wish Rivian would allow a traditional cruise control when adaptive is not available)

3) stopped to charge during the trip and the charge port would not open via touch. I had to open it using the on-screen control.

4) significant range reduction in the cold. Dropped from 2.4 miles per kwh to 1.6, this requiring more charging stops on a long trip.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues with winter weather?
Hi
I drove a typical 160 mile highway trip from our main house to our cottage with a full charge(300 miles - used all purpose in the snow) last weekend in the cold. Had significant headwind the entire trip and arrived with 50 miles of charge remaining. Drove the same trip home in the same cold with a tail wind and don’t have the exact numbers(guessing about 210 miles of charge), but significantly less charge used. Wind was a huge factor. But the cold definitely had an impact as well, as I normally only expend about 180 miles of charge in conserve mode for the 160 mile Trip in the summer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts