Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, need some opinions.
My R1T was delivered with the 21" wheel package.
I have a set of 20" Blizzaks from my last vehicle with a lot of life left in them.
Blizzak DM-V2 275/50R20 113S XL
I was thinking of grabbing a set of 20" rims to mount them on, these in particular:

Does anyone foresee any issues with this setup? the wheels will be 2.1 inches shorter overall, so i can't imagine any fitment issues, but your input would be greatly appreciated.
I'm hoping service will be able to quickly adjust my tire size in the truck's onboard computer.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
R1T 2022 FG, BM, 21" wheels, quad motor -delivered 6 Dec 2022
4 Posts
Hello everyone, need some opinions.
My R1T was delivered with the 21" wheel package.
I have a set of 20" Blizzaks from my last vehicle with a lot of life left in them.
Blizzak DM-V2 275/50R20 113S XL
I was thinking of grabbing a set of 20" rims to mount them on, these in particular:

Does anyone foresee any issues with this setup? the wheels will be 2.1 inches shorter overall, so i can't imagine any fitment issues, but your input would be greatly appreciated.
I'm hoping service will be able to quickly adjust my tire size in the truck's onboard computer.

Thanks in advance!
I see you haven’t received any reactions. Did you go ahead and do this? Ive had my R1T (w 21” cuz range) for a month and our VT winter is just getting started. Glad to have snow mode but won’t be enough on our steep and winding mountain roads.

Curious about your experience: was Rivian willing to put these on thru their service techs or did you have to go 3rd party? Any other feedback to share?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up going with these rims:
along with these tires:
Had my tire shop clone the TPMS to some Autel sensors I bought on amazon and im happy.
The overall wheel diameter is within .03% of the OEM 21" tires so no need to fuss with the speedometer settings.
The wheels have about a half inch of poke beyond the wheel wells, but i dont mind too much.
Efficiency is very close to the OEM 21" tires.
All in for about $2600 for a second set of rims and Winter tires balanced and installed. not too bad I'd say.

Havent had any real heavy snow here yet, but the tires look very similar to the Blizzaks and have decent enough reviews.
I can update after we get some snow if anyone is interested, also planning a vermont trip soon so ill be putting them to the test.

· Registered
R1T 2022 FG, BM, 21" wheels, quad motor -delivered 6 Dec 2022
4 Posts
I ended up going with these rims:
along with these tires:
Had my tire shop clone the TPMS to some Autel sensors I bought on amazon and im happy.
The overall wheel diameter is within .03% of the OEM 21" tires so no need to fuss with the speedometer settings.
The wheels have about a half inch of poke beyond the wheel wells, but i dont mind too much.
Efficiency is very close to the OEM 21" tires.
All in for about $2600 for a second set of rims and Winter tires balanced and installed. not too bad I'd say.

Havent had any real heavy snow here yet, but the tires look very similar to the Blizzaks and have decent enough reviews.
I can update after we get some snow if anyone is interested, also planning a vermont trip soon so ill be putting them to the test.
Yes pls do report back - hope you’re able to safely try the out on some of our gravel roads with the usual snow and ice pack.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello: My R1T came with 21” wheels. After a lot of looking at 20” wheels I went to Rivian for 20” wheels, TPMS, and the Pirelli snow tires: the expensive solution. Need help on several different things I heard from different service techs:

1) mobile service can’t switch the wheels since the cameras need to be recalibrated
2) another rep said no need to reset the wheel size as this would only affect the odometer

Why can’t I just select tire size as I used to be able to do on my Tesla S?

Thx and Happy New Year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts