Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wisconsin has started putting up signs notifying EV drivers when they're driving on a route has readily available electric charging stations. This is a pretty good idea to promote EV infrastructure and I hope more states do this as well.

WisDOT INNOVATES: Motorists driving along a 110-mile stretch of southern I-94 between the Wisconsin-Illinois border and Madison began seeing alternative fuel corridor signs in 2020. The signs indicate the route has readily available electric charging stations, part of a national network of corridors that support alternative fuel infrastructure. The signage is key to informing current electric car owners, as well as those considering electric car purchase, of the opportunity to fuel up when needed. Easy access to fuel is critical to expanding electric vehicles from local use to cross-country travel for private and corporate use.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's true.
Maybe its more for awareness since EV owners are often tech savvy and will rely more on information found online, apps, etc.
I think that's fair to say for EV drivers. Plus pretty much all new EVs have a feature in the GPS that allows you to find the nearest charger. Let along the info available on phones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.