Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I placed a first day reservation for the cybertruck, then an R1T reservation a couple months ago, and just last week an electric F150 lightning reservation. I wish I had done the latter two much earlier. Since they’re all refundable I’m just waiting to see which arrives first. I’m not hopeful that any will happen in 2022 so I’m just planning to keep driving my Tesla model X until one arrives but I would REALLY like a truck. Sold our camper van recently in hopes of making an electric truck both my daily driver and our camping vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which truck would you prefer? CT, Lightning or R1T?

My choice hands down is R1T.
The ford is definitely 3rd on the list, the range they're quoting would really barely do it for our needs. I feel like the features of the R1T fit our needs the best, but we have had 3 teslas so far and been really happy with them so I like the better established brand, and especially like their supercharger network and how it is integrated real-time into the navigation.

I'm willing to be an early adopter on Rivian hoping that they can really build that network up too but I'm skeptical that they will be able to do it very quickly but obviously hope they can. I guess I'm indifferent between the Cybertruck and R1T. The added range and supercharging on the Cybertruck (Tri motor) are probably what appeal to me the most there. The R1T seems like a truck thats built more for off road and camping which is what we do a lot of so that appeals to me the most with the Rivian. Size too seems a better fit for us. But we do travel long distances often (4000 miles each of the past 2 summers on west coast camping trips) so ability to charge and integration into the navigation is something I'm anxious to see worked out on the Rivian. Hopefully its as seamless as it is with a Tesla.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Scoobiedubes... I'm in Gilbert. Keep me posted if you get an invite to an event anytime soon. I didn't order until October, so I'm way late to the game, but my buddy and I want to take a road trip to an event as soon as possible.

I'm just worried that with my late order, I won't get any invites for awhile. Curious - what is your build spec? Where in Phoenix are you?
I was a late order too so at this point I’m not getting my hopes up for getting one before one of the other EV trucks become available. I hope I’m wrong, if I had my pick I think it’d still be the Rivian if all were available today

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.