Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally done and installed! Took my old Truxedo Roll-Up Tonneau cover from my Ram Truck and customized it for my Rivian R1T. Best part... didn't drill a single hole in the truck! Completely 100% removable back to factory. Sharing some pics. I can put some more video and design/installation info together if people are interested.

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Hood

Car Vehicle Plant Hood Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
R1T Launch Edition
75 Posts
The details of the design look good. There's a quick-release, so the cover can be rolled up and stored in the gear tunnel.
Not the security of a metal tonneau, but … at least it works … : )
I think most of the "security" of the bed cover is "out of sight, out of mind" … if a scumbag passing by doesn't see you've got stuff in the bed, they're no motivated.
Also, looks like with a different track, this could combine with a rack system (with risers to match the cabin roof height – that's one accessory I can't believe Rivian didn't produce. In my use of a pickup, not that I'm a hard core sailor or a contractor, but I do sail, I own a ladder and I've bought a 2x4 more than once in my life …

Rivian really could just work with Truxedo on an aftermarket solution for people who don't want to pay for the metal tonneau or don't want to lose the space it takes up, reducing the length of the bed. If you can do it in your driveway, I'm pretty sure they could come up with something … : )

· Registered
2 Posts
As am I. I’ve delayed delivery of my R1T until tonneau cover is available. Currently have a Truxedo hard roll-up cover on my F150. I’ve been very happy with the hard cover. Waiting to see the Rivian solution or find an alternative. Thanks.

· Registered
5 Posts
Finally done and installed! Took my old Truxedo Roll-Up Tonneau cover from my Ram Truck and customized it for my Rivian R1T. Best part... didn't drill a single hole in the truck! Completely 100% removable back to factory. Sharing some pics. I can put some more video and design/installation info together if people are interested.

View attachment 9626

View attachment 9627

View attachment 9632

View attachment 9629

View attachment 9630

View attachment 9631
Nice!

· Registered
58 Posts
Can you roll it up without opening the tailgate? Years ago, when I had a soft-top convertible, I never locked it ...so that there was no need to slice the top to break in and find nothing worth stealing. People in San Francisco are leaving windows down and hatchbacks actually OPEN simply to avoid having their windows broken by people looking for stuff. The principle of "what the eye doth not see, the heart doth not covet" no longer applies in San Francisco...or Austin, TX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts