Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relentless pursuit pays off 😜😂!

Pre-ordered the R1T in Canada today. I’m curious if the production wait times will be different between the US and CAN?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome @WeTheNorth!

I believe Canadians will have to wait a bit longer. An early indication of that was back in November when U.S. pricing become available but Canadian pricing was not.

Will the R1T be your only vehicle?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that isn’t the case. They will likely have to dedicate vehicles for Canada similar to Tesla. Will also be interesting to see if Rivian takes a similar stance to Tesla and doesn’t support used vehicle transfers between the 2 countries.

R1T will be our families first EV vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been following Rivian for over a year trying to convince my wife - she REALLY doesn’t light the headlight... But when she saw the cyber truck she started to warm up. I’m really not a fan of the look of the cyber truck. I have a few friends who have Model Ss those car are incredible but I want a pickup.

Have followed Nikola for about the last 6months but know I’m to convinced that company gets off the ground.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yea, not a lot of faith in Nikola right now. But who knows. Maybe GM can make them a reality. I think it's actually a smart move for GM.

GM EVs will probably never be cool, but this could be.

BTW, @WeTheNorth what do you drive now?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @St00k, Thanks for the note.

I need to make up for my carbon footprint... almost as far from an EV as you can get Audi RS5. Crazy to think this great big pickup truck will dust my Audi!!!

I agree, it’s a win - win on the deal with Nikola for GM. No cash from GM but potential upside is big.

·
Registered
395 Posts
At this point it seems like GM is going to absorb Nikola and gut their tech for their own EVs like the Hummer. What a crazy story that's become.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Relentless pursuit pays off 😜😂!

Pre-ordered the R1T in Canada today. I’m curious if the production wait times will be different between the US and CAN?
when I first communicated with Rivian , I was led to believe that there would be a delay for Canada, I now get the sense that it more has to do with the level of battery and trim Level you are ordering that determines your wait.
They are producing the larger battery and high trim packages first and then working down the levels. That is what has been emailed to me when I was asking questions. Good luck!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
when I first communicated with Rivian , I was led to believe that there would be a delay for Canada, I now get the sense that it more has to do with the level of battery and trim Level you are ordering that determines your wait.
They are producing the larger battery and high trim packages first and then working down the levels. That is what has been emailed to me when I was asking questions. Good luck!!
Hey @Scott! Which battery size are you planning on getting for your R1T?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey @Scott! Which battery size are you planning on getting for your R1T?
I am going to order the 180Kw and what ever the high trim package is. Go big! I am on an island so would be great for getting around. There are a couple Tesla superchargers on the island and a few level 3 chargers but this would allow for a run to the coast and back without having to worry.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That makes a lot of sense. Are you planning on doing any off-roading with it as well?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I‘m a little torn on battery choice if delivery is truly based on battery size - Rivian has noted first deliveries will be 180Kw. My preference would be the 135Kw but if that means having to wait an extra 6months to a year I’ll move to the 180Kw.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I‘m a little torn on battery choice if delivery is truly based on battery size - Rivian has noted first deliveries will be 180Kw. My preference would be the 135Kw but if that means having to wait an extra 6months to a year I’ll move to the 180Kw.
If that's true you won't be the only one making that choice.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that isn’t the case. They will likely have to dedicate vehicles for Canada similar to Tesla. Will also be interesting to see if Rivian takes a similar stance to Tesla and doesn’t support used vehicle transfers between the 2 countries.

R1T will be our families first EV vehicle.
I doubt Rivian would.
The market for these things are large enough already that there's little benefit or motivation, if any, to do otherwise.

I wonder how they might spec the Canadian version differently....

...any guesses?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts