Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From http://www.trucktrend.com/news/worksport-terravis-solar-tonneau-cover-truck-bed-power-system :

The TerraVis solar-charging cover can provide in-bed power for today's gasoline and diesel trucks from model years roughly 2010 an newer. Worksport also plans to offer versions of the TerraVis that provide a "meaningful source of recharge energy"—most likely range extension—for the electric trucks of the future from manufacturers including Rivian, Workhorse, Atlis, Bollinger, Tesla, Hercules, GM, and Ford.
I hadn't heard of this previously, but am instantly interested. As solar cells become more and more efficient, it becomes much more likely an addition like this could provide meaningful recharge. I live in the PNW where we don't get a ton of sunlight, but extra range is extra range. For more southern locales, this would be amazing. The biggest drawback I can think of, at least personally, would be the inability to run an overbed tent without blocking all the light.

·
Registered
29 Posts
At the equator on a clear day the maximum power available from the sun is about 1kw per square meter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts