Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all. I had my very first CS talk with Rivian asking about features that I would like to have on my R1T. However, I was not sure if they were offered. After getting my questions answered in the negative, I thought, am I the only one that would like these features? So I throw it out there to the cosmos...

Would you like a...

1) Heated windshield option (high-end manufacturers offer this to augment the front defroster for better performance in the winter time)

2) Heated windshield washer fluid (WSW)

Thanks for the read!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Afternoon all. I had my very first CS talk with Rivian asking about features that I would like to have on my R1T. However, I was not sure if they were offered. After getting my questions answered in the negative, I thought, am I the only one that would like these features? So I throw it out there to the cosmos...

Would you like a...

1) Heated windshield option (high-end manufacturers offer this to augment the front defroster for better performance in the winter time)

2) Heated windshield washer fluid (WSW)

Thanks for the read!
1) No. It becomes quite annoying to have to repeatedly replace the windshield. I had this on the Toyota Sienna and the windshield constantly cracked when I used it. After the 3rd windshield I ended up leaving it off and never had to replace the windshield again.

2) Of the 2, this is the better option. Although I did have it crack my Model X windshield. In fairness, 1 windshield in 6 years of usage across 3 cars that had it.

Personally, I say go with Subaru's solution. Defrosters underneath the windshield wiper resting position. It works well enough to keep the rubber flexible and I've never had a windshield crack because of it. Simple and effective.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm, interesting that a heated windshield for force a cracking issue unless it was already compromised, however, having dealt with a lot of rock strikes on my windshield, I am not so sure thermal cycling of the air around the base of the windshield would cause the crack to propagate any more or less.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On a different note, I have not seen it anywhere listed in this forum, but did you all know that the driver's and passenger side mirrors have puddle lamps that project down on the group the Rivian Compass?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've had heated windshields before and never had a problem. It's a nice feature, but not a must-have, imo.

I have heated wipers in my current vehicle, and they're also pretty nice. It does limit replacement wipers to OEM, which annoys some, but otherwise I'd like to see this become a more common feature.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Remove the puddle lights from the mirrors- put them in the underside of the doors like Tesla does. Then put a down facing camera in the rear view mirrors as found in the Bolt and you will have a really nice 360deg overhead/birds eye view for backing up to within 1" if the curb without ever scuffing your expensive rims.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting that a heated windshield for force a cracking issue unless it was already compromised, however, having dealt with a lot of rock strikes on my windshield, I am not so sure thermal cycling of the air around the base of the windshield would cause the crack to propagate any more or less.
Perhaps it was a design issue with the Sienna specifically. The sienna forums are littered with many others with the same issue.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Heated windshields can be annoying in super direct light coming from the front of the vehicle. You can actually start to see the little heating elements in the glass and once you notice them, it becomes super distracting. They also work very slowly to remove ice and snow, so using your defroster on HIGH from inside the vehicle does just about the same thing. The heated steering wheel will be a nice add for those of us in colder climates though - looking forward to that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No and no. I lived in Breckenridge for several years. My Audi did not have either and neither was an issue. What I wish it had was two recovery points on the rear bumper and is winch ready. I read the winch is coming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts