Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We see all the nits, and some people have been experiencing some nuisance issues (think Tonneau cover), but this thing continues to blow my mind and drives so well, that it's easy to forget that this is a truck. I will admit that I had some doubts, but so happy to have made an early bet and placed a deposit way back in 2019, and couldn't be happier with the Launch Edition. They really outdid themselves, and I still find it hard to believe that this was Rivian's first entry into such a well-established industry. I don't have anything else to say really. I remain hopeful that the truck remains as good as it is now for many years, and I know that this is all TBD, but so far (since May) so good. Today I even found a new feature in the door panels. The door panel tray pops out to reveal a small plug to make cleaning (or cleaning a spill even easier). These guys really hit it out of the park. Happy to live with some of the smaller service issues around launch in exchange for so many thousands of awesome things about this truck. The looks and stares I get from others out on the road, or from the people that I show all the features to - they are just priceless. I guess the biggest surprise in all of this is how much attention the truck gets. Takes some getting used to for sure.

Last weekend I was driving from Cape Cod to BOS and another R1T pulled up behind me (for the 1st time ever) in the left lane. This was the first time I got to see what the truck looks like in the rear view mirror (when it is all lit up in the dark cruising at 80 on the HWY)... And it was pretty awesome. Well done Rivian. I hope my mind keeps getting blown every day.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, the truck is awesome and I'm loving it! er...was loving it....it's been at the SC for the past 1.5 weeks for delivery issues to get resolved and I miss it!

Only funny thing is we thought people were staring at the truck all the time, only come to find out, it was making all these squeaky noises at low speeds and I think that's what people were actually staring at. lol, doh!

Hopefully they resolve this during this SC visit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
We see all the nits, and some people have been experiencing some nuisance issues (think Tonneau cover), but this thing continues to blow my mind and drives so well, that it's easy to forget that this is a truck. I will admit that I had some doubts, but so happy to have made an early bet and placed a deposit way back in 2019, and couldn't be happier with the Launch Edition. They really outdid themselves, and I still find it hard to believe that this was Rivian's first entry into such a well-established industry. I don't have anything else to say really. I remain hopeful that the truck remains as good as it is now for many years, and I know that this is all TBD, but so far (since May) so good. Today I even found a new feature in the door panels. The door panel tray pops out to reveal a small plug to make cleaning (or cleaning a spill even easier). These guys really hit it out of the park. Happy to live with some of the smaller service issues around launch in exchange for so many thousands of awesome things about this truck. The looks and stares I get from others out on the road, or from the people that I show all the features to - they are just priceless. I guess the biggest surprise in all of this is how much attention the truck gets. Takes some getting used to for sure.

Last weekend I was driving from Cape Cod to BOS and another R1T pulled up behind me (for the 1st time ever) in the left lane. This was the first time I got to see what the truck looks like in the rear view mirror (when it is all lit up in the dark cruising at 80 on the HWY)... And it was pretty awesome. Well done Rivian. I hope my mind keeps getting blown every day.
I totally agree …,. It kicks serious ass!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts