1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this just now in an email from Rivian
Pre-ordered May 2019
Kicker must be that I'm in Canada

Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now July - September 2022.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not surprised to see Canada as the last delivery window - especially since TC hasn't touched/received a truck yet to approve/test. Assumed that would happen end of Q1 2022, and our deliveries would be 5-6 months after.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pre-ordered May 2019

Just received the same email and window from Rivian. Preordered Oct 2020.

Where in Canada are you located? I’m in the Greater Toronto area.

I wonder if BC will see an earlier window being that Rivian has a presence there and at least one employee truck has been spotted in the city?

I’m somewhat surprised by the long delay but mostly just disappointed!

·
Registered
20 Posts
same window as original poster. sucks because i want something that can tow a boat this spring/summer...so im stuck getting some temporary/interim or maybe a different permanent vehicle altogether. ...ugh.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I wonder if BC will see an earlier window being that Rivian has a presence there and at least one employee truck has been spotted in the city?

Alberta

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not surprised to see Canada as the last delivery window - especially since TC hasn't touched/received a truck yet to approve/test. Assumed that would happen end of Q1 2022, and our deliveries would be 5-6 months after.

My pre order is from December 2018, but same delivery time. I am thinking about giving my preorder to someone in the US.. they can get the vehicle way faster

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pre-ordered May 2019

At this pace it does not look like I will get mine till the end of 2023 since I just placed my order at the beginning of October. Not sure that I can wait that long.

·
Registered
41 Posts
And now the waiting game begins...or continues I guess is more accurate.

I'm a non LE pre order, so I likely have a bit to wait. I also have an early Lightning order in. 100 bucks was easier to put down on day one vs the 1000 that Rivian is asking. I took a while deciding on that with the R1T, which I kinda regret now. Plus the Lightning frunk amazed me. But the Lightning is also bigger than I want and the Rivian is better for my New Mexico mountain trips. I'll likely get whichever deliverers first. But Ford is starting slow too, so I have no idea who will "win".

1 - 20 of 39 Posts