Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It's not much better for the F-150 Lightning crowd. Ford has a production capacity of 15k models initially and orders are into the 6 figure range last I checked. The vast majority will be waiting a while.

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is what the 5th or 6th delay in production/deliveries since Rivian committed to producing the R1T/R1S. Hopefully this is the last round of major delays, but given the history, we should probably expect more. We should all also expect price increases by the time we get to lock in our orders as well (sadly). Bring on the competition in the mean time. The Rivian is very attractive to me, but at the rate things are going I will start seeing Ford Lightnings and GMC hummer EV's on my street before i get my R1T. By the time they start delivering en masse, their edge will be gone.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Administrator
131 Posts
We're tracking delivery windows for both the R1T and R1S now. Please add yours!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keep in mind that many of us have been waiting since 2018 / 2019, so everyone has to play the same waiting game.
So so True....BUT - I ordered Dec 8 2018 and my buddy in 2020 close to same configuration and we have the same window? (April-May 2022) We will see what happens next? - understand the Configuration, Location, and Pre-Order date all come into play they say...but based on posts I have read it seems more about location than anything?

·
Registered
93 Posts
And now the waiting game begins...or continues I guess is more accurate.

I'm a non LE pre order, so I likely have a bit to wait. I also have an early Lightning order in. 100 bucks was easier to put down on day one vs the 1000 that Rivian is asking. I took a while deciding on that with the R1T, which I kinda regret now. Plus the Lightning frunk amazed me. But the Lightning is also bigger than I want and the Rivian is better for my New Mexico mountain trips. I'll likely get whichever deliverers first. But Ford is starting slow too, so I have no idea who will "win".
Depends on your pre order date for Rivian. If you pre ordered R1T in the last 2-3 months and reserved the Lightning in the first few days then my bet is that you will get the Lightning long before the R1T.

IMO 2022 is a pivotal year for Rivian. I expect Ford to hit volume production much sooner than Rivian. In doing so, Rivian will lose pre orders.

Rivian on paper is first to produce an EV truck but Ford will be first to mass produce EV trucks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Launch Editions have priority. That's what Rivian said when the configurator went live. The Max Pack is not available on the Launch Edition. You had a choice when your configured your R1T: either get priority delivery (LE) or wait for the Max Pack. You chose to wait.

My very-late R1T LE preorder is scheduled for a May-June 2022 delivery. Sure I would like it earlier. But after driving an R1T, I really want this truck. I don't care if the Lightning is available earlier, that is not something I would ever buy.

·
Registered
R1T
7 Posts
Just received the same email and window from Rivian. Preordered Oct 2020.

Where in Canada are you located? I’m in the Greater Toronto area.

I wonder if BC will see an earlier window being that Rivian has a presence there and at least one employee truck has been spotted in the city?

I’m somewhat surprised by the long delay but mostly just disappointed!
I ordered in Nov 2020. I got the same May to June 2022 email. I’m doing a test drive event in 2 weeks….so that’s some progress. I’m in Southern California.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At this pace it does not look like I will get mine till the end of 2023 since I just placed my order at the beginning of October. Not sure that I can wait that long.
At the current pace expect it to be in 2024 maybe. I ordered exactly 2 years ago and I am in Launch Edition batch. My delivery window is June July 2022 maybe. I see from replies some people got September October for their LE.
Add 2 1/2 years then maybe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Launch Editions have priority. That's what Rivian said when the configurator went live. The Max Pack is not available on the Launch Edition. You had a choice when your configured your R1T: either get priority delivery (LE) or wait for the Max Pack. You chose to wait.

My very-late R1T LE preorder is scheduled for a May-June 2022 delivery. Sure I would like it earlier. But after driving an R1T, I really want this truck. I don't care if the Lightning is available earlier, that is not something I would ever buy.
Yep - I opted to wait for the 400 mile range R1T and am kicking myself now . . . I'm a Feb 2019 pre-order and I'll be lucky if I see a truck before 2023

21 - 39 of 39 Posts