Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Transition provision for EVs with written sales orders dated in 2022 prior to the date of President signing the bill but delivered in 2023 allows purchaser to claim the “old” credit in 2023. (Page 386, line 20)." - Electrek

Anyone try to get a written sales order from Rivian yet? I'm assuming a lot of people here will be over the income limit for the new bill.

·
Registered
158 Posts
"Transition provision for EVs with written sales orders dated in 2022 prior to the date of President signing the bill but delivered in 2023 allows purchaser to claim the “old” credit in 2023. (Page 386, line 20)." - Electrek

Anyone try to get a written sales order from Rivian yet? I'm assuming a lot of people here will be over the income limit for the new bill.
Will have to see if the sales agreement we have already executed is sufficient.

·
Registered
280 Posts
IANAL, but I would think that PBA with VIN would be sufficient proof. With the current programme, you only have to include the year make model vin & date placed into service on Form 8936, as long as you are the FIRST owner (irregardless if the first-est owner claimed the credit or not).

·
Registered
11 Posts

Also wondering about the proposed MSRP cap of $80K for SUVs. If you are “grandfathered” into the old pricing and are paying less than 80k, will you lose out because they are now charging closer to 90K for the same vehicle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also wondering about the proposed MSRP cap of $80K for SUVs. If you are “grandfathered” into the old pricing and are paying less than 80k, will you lose out because they are now charging closer to 90K for the same vehicle.
I believe it should be your sticker price, not including destination fees. I will end up taking off the dark wheels, as I won't let them cost me 3,500 and a 7,500 rebate. Removing them takes me to 79,275 so I hope that does it. I do wonder if I need to shave a bit more off if Rivian would let me pay for the field kit, so cross bars, floor mats, and wall charger on a CC and not include them or if those items are even included in the MSRP since they are considered gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts