Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
R1T Adventure, Compass Yellow, Ocean Coast, Max Pack... HOPING for the removable roof
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tinker with my configuration all the time, but today was the first time I've noticed that they're offering the XPEL PPF (front-end only) IN the configurator. Sounds like it is added BEFORE delivery too (not an after-delivery appointment, as was the previous paradigm, according to a bunch of posts in here).

Has it always been in there, and I just missed it?

Now I'm contemplating ANOTHER $1500 change to my configuration (and don't judge me for the factory wheels -- I'm going to TRY to get something black and aftermarket, and it appears that may be less than the $3500 difference in Rivian wheels)... :ROFLMAO:

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Product Automotive tire

· Registered
8 Posts
It’s worth it, I plan to add it to my R1S reservation. However, the factory PPF wont be as good as a professional aftermarket installation. Rivian doesn't wrap the edges so those lines will be visible upon close inspection. However, this will be my wife’s ride and she doesn't care about that as much as I do. I just need the paint protected from her!

· Vendor
66 Posts
I just released a competing product, which you may want to consider as it comfortably beats this price and offers more coverage... currently only available for pre-order but I will start shipping in a few weeks, just finalizing boxing and installation kit and I am good to go.

Full Front PPF for R1T/R1S - $999.95
Full Truck PPF for R1T - $2499.95

· Registered
R1S Adventure (ordered 10/27/21 Est Del 4Q 23), Red Canyon. Genesis GV 60 Mauna Red (bought 9/10/22)
141 Posts
Rivian doesn't wrap the edges so those lines will be visible upon close inspection.
Is this just based on how they do the gear tunnel doors now?

I added it because I thought $1500 was a good price. Just had my GV-60 done for $1200. One bonus is that I don't have to give up the truck for a week. Probably only 2-3 days for the ceramic coat.

They had my GV-60 for four days (front PPF & full ceramic coating) and I really missed it! But I love how shiny it is now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts